Message from the Coordinator
Welcome to all students, alumni, and visitors to our website. Thank you for visiting our site and for your interest in our UWC Scholarship offer.
Our visions are:
1. To promote the UWC Mission and Core Values set out below:
UWC Mission and Values
UWC makes education a force to unite people, nations and cultures for peace and a sustainable future.
UWC believes that to achieve this, the following values it promotes are crucial:
- International and intercultural understanding
- Celebration of difference
- Personal responsibility and respect
- Compassion and service
- Respect for the environment
- A sense of idealism
- Personal challenge
- Action and personal example
2. To select students from Kiribati and prepare them to become UWC scholars.
3. To promote international education through our UWC scholarship offer and we prepare students to work in the labour movement, in government, non-profit, in human resources, and the corporate world as leaders and activists for change.
4. To organise UWC short courses for the advancement of knowledge and new skills
4. To empower youths and give them the confidence in themselves.
Empowering youths to achieve quality and international education.
We are vey fortunate indeed in having the UWC Scholarship offers from the UWC International Office in the UK every year. This on-going scholarship offer marks a quantum leap in the fight against lower standard of education and unemployment. In addition, this scholarship offer has opened the doors of opportunities to our students in terms of achieving their international education through the UWC schools and colleges outside Kiribati.
Most important of all, the human, social and economic development of Kiribati and the world at large is in the hands of our youths, our talented young men and women, only if we empower and support them to explore the world of learning through quality and international education.
let us all wake up and see how we can empower our youths, our talented you men and women to achieve quality and international education so that they can reach their full potential and become good citizens and good leaders of Kiribati tomorrow.
Te Mauri, Te Raoi, ao Te Tabomoa iaora n taai nako.